- How confident are you in the quality of risk information within your organisation?
- How accessible and who owns the risk information relative to your business?
- How credible is your Risk Profile with outside agencies and interest groups?
- How visible is your Risk Management Programme and can you demonstrate to external parties the commitment of top management?
- How restrictive is your insurance cover and at what cost. Mining risks typically attract high premiums with large monetary or time excesses and significant exclusions e.g. Underground Exposures, Open Pit or Tailings Dam Failures?
- How confident are you in the scope and management control of your Risk Protection Programme?
- How well integrated is your Risk Protection Programme? Insurance will not prevent loss incidents and applies only to a restricted range of exposures facing mining operations.
- How credible are your Risk Identification and Analysis Processes and are they backed by a proactive Improvement Programme?
- How well do you measure and manage the 'Total Cost of Risk' to your business or projects?
- TMC can assist in transferring Risk Based management Skills
- TMC are skilled in the preparation and presentation of documented risk information and profile studies.
- TMC are able to carry out objective assessments of existing Risk Protection Programmes.
- TMC can assist in the Identification and Implementation of appropriate Risk Protection Strategies in support of an organisation's business objectives.
- TMC can assist in establishing a basis for measuring the Total Cost of Risk to an organisation.
- Enhanced confidence in the objectivity of Risk Information used to plan Risk Protection Strategies.
- Independent Risk Profiling provides an objective basis for reviewing the status of existing Financial and Operational Risk Protection Programs.
- Improved Risk Management profile and acceptability with International Insurance or Equity and Loan Capital Markets.
- Risk Protection and Improvement Strategies focussed on real risks and exposures to the business.
- Opportunities to improve 'Bottom Line Performance' through the identification and management of the 'Total Cost of Risk'.
- Integration of Risk Management systems with existing working methods.
- Retained ownership of independent risk information can be used to approach alternative insurance markets.
- TMC consultants are based near London and therefore accessible to the London Insurance and Financial Markets.
The Range of Services:
Risk Management Strategy
- Strategic Risk Management Development
- Cost of Risk Profiling
- Risk and Exposure Profiling
- Risk Control Standards
- Risk Control Performance Measurement. (12 Module Audit Programme including UG and Open Pit Mining. Mechanical and Electrical Engineering etc)
- Hazard Assessments
- Premium Apportionment
- Risk Management Training and Workshops.
- Technical Underwriting Surveys including Potential Loss Estimates
- Business Interruption Studies
Incident Response and Recovery
- Emergency Planning
- Business Continuity Planning
- Business Recovery Planning
- Project Risk Assessments and Analysis
- Project Delay Loss Assessments
- Risk Management Strategy and Structures suited to the organisation or specific threat.